Monday 9 August 2010

Blogging Fail

I'm not so good at this public blogging... Mainly because I forget about it.

When I go online I find the idea of writing something and posting it seems much more better suited to being put it in a facebook note post where I can tag friends and better fulfill the social function of initiating a dialog. Or if it's a quick update that I don't have time to explain or flesh out - then twitter seems superior.

Thus while on the road - I used a physical journal to reflect for myself, the internet to communicate with friends/family at home, and emails to offer specific comments to individuals. A blog doesn't easily fit into that routine as there is no clear cut audience - who am I speaking to? The general void? No one? Random strangers? Friends with too much time?

Anyways that's why I can so easily fall off the face of the public internet - it's an uncertain audience and the bases for most of the connections I've got an immediate desire to share with are better served through other mediums.

On that note - unlike the last post - I'm back in the states. After Krakow I continued to Lviv, Kiev, and Moscow via road. I flew to Bishkek for a few days and then returned home for a night before heading out to Reno to see a wedding in Carson City. After that had some time shuttling between San Francisco and home in the South Bay... But I've been busy round here.

Prop 8 being overturned was a truly joyous experience to be present for and I feel thankful I got to be there with some of my favorite activists, armed with a camera and surrounded by friends as well. For photos of that check out my photoblog (www.urv.shutterchance.com). Hope this unknown audience is well - I shall try to remember to post more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment